As a democratic voice for the communities of Abergele, the Council will work towards securing a sustainable and economically vibrant future and a society which is healthy, safe and socially inclusive.
- To promote and represent the community’s views
- To serve those who live and work in Abergele and those who visit the town
- To enhance the historic and cultural heritage of Abergele and safeguard its natural and built environment
- To work in partnership with all other bodies, whether statutory, public, private, voluntary or community in order to improve the quality of life and well-being of its community and to promote the town in an active and positive manner.
To achieve this, Abergele Town Council has agreed the following Aims:
- To consult with the community to establish its aspirations for the future
- To promote the vitality and viability of Abergele
- To encourage and participate in partnership and agency working with the public, private and voluntary sectors to achieve quality services in all areas for the betterment of Abergele and its residents and visitors
- To promote sustainable policies that strive to improve the environment to meet the needs of residents and visitors for both the present and future
- To help create a socially inclusive and caring community that embraces all residents and which seeks to develop their well being, knowledge and understanding and mutual co-operation
- To strive for pleasant, clean and safe environment
- To deliver quality services that provide value for money and to review those services on a regular basis
- To support local voluntary groups that seek to assist residents and visitors to Abergele